A dental implant is a popular technique in the field of dentistry. It is the best method to replace a single missing tooth or multiple missing teeth. People are bothered about the cost of the technique. The cost of the dental implants in India may be higher than that of the bridge. But it has several advantages and long-term cost recovery.
If you have missed a tooth, or have considered dental implants, this information may be helpful to you if you consider the implant to be an expensive treatment.
How much does a Dental Implant Cost for One Tooth?
A single implant with its cap/crown would cost around 20,000 to 50,000 depending on the type and company of dental implants in India. As such a bridge would cost about 9000 to 30,000 depending on the type of material like PFM/Zirconia/Emax/Titanium. Moreover, your two natural asymptomatic teeth close to the missing tooth will be cut.
An implant will be functioning for 10 years like another tooth. A small cleaning job around the implant may be needed as you may with any other tooth. However, the average lifespan of the bridge is 8-10 years. Further replacement would cost Rs. 12,000 to 40,000. The cost is higher because sometimes we might need to make a longer bridge if bone loss has occurred around the supporting teeth. So, over 10 years the bridge will cost between 21000 – 70000 which is more than equal to the cost of the dental implants in India.
Types of Dental Implants
1. Immediate Loading Dental Implants
Immediate loading implant might be less expensive and the treatment is also faster. The cost of immediate loading implants is 40000 INR including crown.
2. Bone Strength and Density
As dental implants are integrated into your bone, your bone strength must be satisfactory. That is the reason it is required to do imaging scans which shows the condition of your bone and jaw structure. This is essential since it weighs into the cost of your dental treatment.
3. Standard Dental Implant
A standard 2-stage dental implant is a long process that includes the insertion of the dental implant during the initial period. Around 3 months is required for the implant to blend with the existing natural bone. In the second stage, the crown is fixed on top of the implant.
In rare cases, if there is no proper bone present to hold the implant, then you might need a bone graft. This graft help in bone development over some time. This will increase your cost as well as time for treatment.
Factors of Dental Implant Cost
Certain factors affect the cost of the dental implant. Oral and maxillofacial surgeons like Dr. Anurag Bhargava will give an overview of the cost of dental implant.
1. Material – The material used in the implant can affect the cost. The cost is determined by the quality of the material to be used. The commonly used material is titanium. This is durable and long-lasting.
2. Teeth Replacement - The greater the number of teeth to be replaced, the more the cost of dental implant will be. The cost is billed on a per tooth basis which gives a rough idea of how they get the total.
3. Insurance – This kind of surgery is covered by some health insurance. In certain insurance, you get 100% coverage which means zero cost on dental implant with insurance which saves you from spending any amount.
4. Surgery Before Implant – Some patients require other surgeries before the implant procedure. This is decided after consultation. Bone grafting and sinus lift are common surgeries to obtain a larger area where the implant can be placed.
Depending on specific conditions and history, there is a range of options for you to choose from.
Process of Dental Implant
Osseointegration is a process where the bone cells get interlocked to the surface of titanium dental implants resulting in the fusion between your bone and the dental implant.
A single dental implant requires about 30-60 minutes.
Stages Of Dental Implant
Before going for dental implant, oral and maxillofacial surgeons like Dr. Anurag Bhargava will explain to you the stages of dental implant.
The dental implant is executed under local anesthesia. The doctor drills a hole into the bone and widens it to fix the dental implant. It takes 3-6 months for the implant to take place. During this time temporary bridges may be used to reduce chewing inconvenience.
Evaluation of bone surrounding the implant following which new tooth can be placed to the anchored implant in your jaw.
The success of Dental Implant
The truth about Dental Implant is that it has a success rate of 92 - 98%. With skillful oral and maxillofacial surgeons like Dr. Anurag Bhargava success is surely guaranteed.